Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pear and Almond Muffins

Ever since the new year started, it's been kind of quiet around here, I know. And don't get me wrong when I'm saying this, but in the past few weeks, cooking and baking just hasn't been the most important thing to me. Except for cream cheese brownies. Cream cheese brownies are always important. I made a huge batch of them for my Qi Gong friends last weekend. But other than that, I'd say that, lately, there have been more different colors of nail polish in my fridge than food. But you know, a girl has to set her priorities. Like holiday plans for instance. So today, I had Evelyn and Andrea over for an important meeting (brunch) in order to discuss our holidays in Sardinia this fall. I made some muffins for this occasion - muffins always go with brunch. I also made a delicious salad - coming up soon. So don't worry you guys, this blog is still up and running!




Recipe
(slightly adapted from the lovely Löffelchen voll Zucker)

For about 16 muffins:

75g rolled oats
200g all-purpose flour
75g whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
a pinch of salt
85g soft butter
150g brown sugar
250ml milk
2 eggs
2-3 firm pears, peeled, cores removed, cut into small pieces
50g ground almonds
50g slivered almonds

Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin pan with paper cases.

In a large bowl, mix the rolled oats, the flours, the baking powder, the cinnamon and the salt. In another bowl, mix the soft butter and the sugar with an electric hand mixer. Then, add the milk and the eggs. Add this mixture to the dry mixture and beat with the mixer until well combined. Then, add the pears and the ground almonds.

Fill the dough into your muffin cases and top with the slivered almonds. Bake for about 25 minutes. Test whether they are done with a wooden skewer.

These muffins keep for a few days in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails