Monday, February 18, 2013

Cranberry Cookies

Here comes yet another recipe from Sweets. I have mentioned already that I am really fond of this book. Even more so since I made these cookies this weekend. They are the perfect snack to bring you through the day. I took them to the office today and Evelyn, Stefanie and I totally went wild :-) "Katriiiin??" Steffie asked every now and then, "Can I have another one of those cookiiiies?!". Evelyn opened the box about every third time she walked by our side board. And I... I can't help it anyway... when have I ever been able to only have one single cookie when there's a box full of them in front of me ;-)




Recipe
(from Nicky Stich's wonderful Sweets)

100g dried cranberries, coarsly chopped (I was too lazy to do that)
50g walnuts (coarsly chopped, I used sunflower seeds instead)
100g butter, at room temperature
100g brown sugar
75g caster sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
175g flour
75g coarse rolled oats
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
fleur de sel (I left that out since I don't have any at home)

Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.

In a bowl, mix sugar and butter with an electric hand mixer for about 3 minutes until smooth and pale. Add the egg and the sea salt and mix well. Add flour, rolled oats and baking soda and mix. In the end, add cranberries and nuts and mix until just combined.

With a tablespoon, form balls the size of a walnut and place on your baking tray. Flatten a little. Leave enough space between the cookies. Sprinkle with a little fleur de sel. Bake each batch for about 15 minutes until the cookies begin to get brown around the edge. I say this each time, and I say it now: Don't overbake. They are still slightly soft when you take them out of the oven. If you take them out too late, they will be too hard after they have cooled. Let them cool on the tray for a few minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack. Store in an airtight box.


1 comment:

  1. Hmm, great! I made them with some little "modifications" :-)

    I love cranberries, so i took 150g
    And i love walnuts, so i took 100g of them
    and i changed the rolled oats with almond

    And voilà, here are the cranberry energy cookies :-)

    Matthias

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails