Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chestnut Soup

I've mentioned already that I love chestnuts, haven't I?! Not only can you use them to make wonderful cakes or muffins, but also to make soups. Soups are the perfect comfort food when the days get colder. This fall, I have a favorite soup recipe and, of course, I want to share it with you. For me, this is one of those recipes you don't only cook once. You don't have a endless list of ingredients and the cooking part is so easy that there is not even a need to have the recipe at hand. If you also like chestnuts, try this recipe! I wouldn't serve it as a starter, though. It's really nourishing and makes a nice casual dinner for itself - for friends, or just for yourself.




Recipe
(from: Coopzeitung 44/2012)

1/2 tablespoon butter
2 onions, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sugar
400g frozen chestnuts, let them unfreeze before cooking the soup
8dl water
1/4 teaspoon salt
a pinch of pepper
1 dl cream, if you like

Let the butter melt in a large pan. Add the sugar and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the chestnuts and sauté for another 2 minutes. Then, add the water, reduce the heat. Let the soup simmer for about 25 minutes. Purée the soup, season with salt and pepper according to your taste. If you like, beat the cream until fluffy and serve the soup with a dollop of cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails