Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Apple Bundt Cake

Today, it's exactly 2 years ago since I started this blog. It has become one of my dearest hobbies... browsing through recipes, baking, styling, photographing, sorting out pictures and putting it all together for my blog. And, needless to say, eating it after that, preferably together with my friends. That makes my day. It is still one of my greatest joys to bring along cakes, cookies and other sweet treats for the people I love. This cake here was meant as a thank-you-gift for my friends at work. It's also because of them that I am currently so happy with my new job. We have such a great time at our office. And if we have a bad day once in a while, Evelyn, Françoise and I still have our "group therapy" sessions ;-) - and cake of course!




Recipe
(slightly adapted from here)

butter and breadcrumbs, for the buttering the bundt tin
icing sugar, for dusting
100g raisins
125g butter, soft
125g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar/1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
a pinch of salt
300g flour
0.5 sachet baking powder
1dl apple juice
0.25 teaspoon cinnamon
0.25 teaspoon ground ginger
a handful of chopped pecan nuts
2 apples

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter a bundt tin, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and put in the fridge. Soak the raisins in hot water.

In a bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until light and smooth. Add the eggs, one by one. Add the salt. Mix flour and baking powder and add with the apple juice the cinnamon and ginger.

Peel the apples, cut into quarters, then into slices. Drain the raisins, dry a little with a piece of kitchen towel and dust with a little flour. Add to the cake batter together with the apples and the pecans. Fill the batter into your repared cake tin and bake for about an hour (in my case, it took about 50 minutes). Let rest in the cake tin until cooled, then turn upside down onto a plate. Dust with icing sugar.

This cake keeps up to about 5 days if wrapped in foil and stored in a cool place.


1 comment:

  1. Juhuu, alles Gueti zum 2. Geburi, liebe Blog!!

    Freu mi, dini Bsitzerin nöchscht Wuche wider z'gseh.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails