Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pumpkin Cake with Cranberries and Walnuts

I bought a big piece of pumpkin this weekend which I originally wanted to use to make risotto. On Sunday morning, I spontaneously changed my mind and made a cake instead!




Recipe:
(adapted from here)

120g soft butter
150g sugar
2 pinches of salt
4 eggs
200g flour
100g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
600g grated pumpkin
I spontaneously added:
about 50g walnuts, chopped
about 50g dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 180°C. The recipe calls for a 28cm cake tin. I used a 24cm diameter springform pan.

Put butter in a bowl and beat until it's smooth. Add sugar and salt. Beat well. Add the eggs one by one and beat well. Beat for about 5 minutes until you have a pale batter. Mix flour, almonds, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to the batter and mix well. Then add the grated pumpkin and mix well. At this point, I added the walnuts and the cranberries. Pour your batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 50-60 minutes.

I decorated the cake with store-bought chocolate-glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails