Monday, June 28, 2010

Lavender and Peach Streusel Cake

Last Friday, I "invented" my own cake. I used a basic cake recipe and modified it. I love to try and combine flavours and I suddenly had the thought that peach and lavender might make a nice combination. The brown sugar streusel gave this cake a certain extra and what came out of the oven was a chunky yet moinst and fruity cake with a hint of lavender taste and a crunchy covering.


Recipe:

150g butter, in pieces, soft
200g sugar
a dash of salt
4 eggs
250g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 lavender twigs, plucked flowers
(I used fresh lavender from my "herb garden", otherwise I would use dried lavender.)
2 peaches, cut into slices

Preheat oven to 180°C.

Mix butter, sugar and salt until foamy. Add one egg after the other and add the lavender flowers. Beat for another 5 minutes or so. Fold in flour and baking powder and mix until the batter is smooth. Fill into a 24 cm diameter springform pan and place the peach slices onto the batter.

For the streusel mix 35g cold butter, 40g flour and 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar and crumble it with your hands. Disperse on top of the cake.

Bake for about 45 - 50 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Heyyy, wieso git's dän do kei "yummie"-Option meh?? Suscht hetti sie für de Chueche grad 3x aklickt!! :-) Ganz liebe Gruess vo de grüene Insle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails