Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Homemade Peppermint Tea

I like my little "herb garden" on my balcony. At the moment, the two flower boxes with my herbs - or rather what's left of them after a cold winter - are at my mum's for a "makeover" :-) I can transport my whole "garden" in my car, cool or what?! ;-)

I may have a sweet tooth but I definitely don't have a green thumb so my mum (garden expert and plant lover) is going to take care of my herbs for a bit and she's going to plant some new ones so I can spice up my food with them.

I especially like peppermint which I also use to make tea. I think homemade tea is so much tastier than the one you buy at the general store.


Here's how you do it:

Boil some water and put in the washed peppermint leaves (you can throw in the whole sprigs). Take away from the hot plate and let steep for a few minutes. You can sweeten it with sugar or honey if you like or put in lemonjuice. On hot summer days, I cool it down in order to drink it as ice tea. Very refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails